Right here are some recommendations to aid you create and publish extra articles from data gathered from conferences, seminars and other events:
1. Obtain the themes – Clean up your notes from the conference and then sort the data according to the themes you want to pursue. Possibilities are, these are the themes that match into existing debates, or fill a will need an editor may have expressed previously. Of if you know your topic definitely properly (you are a topic author), you will know which subjects have not been talked about extensively.
2. Generate separate documents for every single theme, with all your notes from speakers on the subjects all pasted in the a single document.
3. Study – the occasion ought to not constantly be your single supply for the story, even if you have a quantity of speakers addressing the subject. In some cases the speakers will raise extra queries than they present answers throughout their presentations, so if the data is inadequate, note what is missing and who to ask additional queries.
4. Create unique varieties of stories – You can conveniently get started with “business response” form of articles, exactly where you ask chosen players about the implications of a major announcement created at the conference. If you are properly-recognized in your field or have a column or weblog, you can conveniently do a point of view short article (your opinion/evaluation) of the matter.
It really is straightforward to create how to articles post- occasion, as speakers at business conferences present a lot of insight into how a single can do his job improved/quicker. How to articles are also not time sensitive, so you can constantly mine the conference documentation and conduct additional interviews with speakers to create your stories.
Some of the data you collect may well also present you with the bones of a function short article or two. This form of short article requires time and may well also need extra time.
Also watch out for business study and trends unveiled at the conference. Such data can also be employed to create a wide variety of articles, which are incredibly well known with each day and weekly publications.
5. Share the function load– If you have generated also numerous story tips from the conference, look at collaborating with one more writer. Short the collaborator on the stories you'd like to function on and present him/her with detailed notes (and presentations exactly where feasible) so he gets a clear image. That will absolutely free up your time to finish the post- occasion writing-ups and move on to other factors, with out letting the data gathered go to waste.
It is accurate that you are going to drop some handle more than the final solution, and will have to share the byline and payment, but it really is funds you would not have if the notes had been nonetheless moldering in your notebook.